Cheese is one of the most amazing foods ever invented and for those of us who have been eating it in every way, shape or form we could find, you already know that cheese crackers are amazing. For those not in the know, cheese crackers are simple cheese-infused crackers that are so flowing with the baked goodness of cheese, herbs, spices and delicious crispiness, they’re impossible to stop eating. With the flavor overload that you get from cheese crackers, you’re sure to be in seventh cheesy heaven by the time you finish your first bag and move onto your second.
Fifteen Deliciously Unique Uses for Cheese Crackers
As you’ve probably guessed, I have a severe addiction to cheese crackers but that’s okay—you’re about to benefit from it! Even if you only eat cheese crackers on occasion, you know as well as I do that when company comes over, it’s not enough to just dump something in a bowl and put it on the table. What’s more is that with all the great ways you can enjoy cheese crackers, there are a million other recipes and unique twists out there so that you never have to “just snack” on cheese crackers again.
Here are 15 ways that you can enjoy the heck out of your cheese crackers today:
- Use them as a topping for your casseroles. Casseroles are great when they have a crunchy topping, so stack some crumbled cheese crackers on top of yours before you pop it in the oven to finish (even the broiler). This will give your dish that “wow” factor where nobody can figure out your secret ingredient.
- Put them into cheese dips to get a more authentic flavor and unique texture. Most people think of using cheese crackers to get the dip out of the bowl, but why not put it in the dip? Then, people will get a better texture and more cheesy goodness with every bite of the dip. That’s always a good thing.
- Break them up and sprinkle them into soups. When we were kids we always used to put crackers in our soup, but as we got older, that was just frowned upon (unless it’s chicken noodle soup in a diner!). But who says that we just can’t class up the crackers we’re putting in the soup instead of forgetting it altogether? Cheese crackers add crunch, flavor and elegance to any bowl or cup of soup.
- Use them as croutons on salads. Want some more flavors in your salad but tired of simple croutons? Go with cheese crackers instead; breaking them up to whatever size you want.
- Crumble them up and put them on top of your baked potatoes. For some good cheesy crunch on your baked potato, use cheese crackers as a topper. This is a great substitute if you don’t happen to have bacon or cheese around the house.
- Use them as a crunchy topping for baked mac and cheese. Just like with casseroles, mac and cheese is delicious with a topping. Forgo the breadcrumbs and throw some extra cheesy crunch into the mix with cheese crackers instead.
- Smash them up and use them to bread chicken cutlets. You’ve probably already tried breading your chicken cutlets with crackers or Panko, so why not take it one step further and go with cheese crackers? Simple toss the cutlet in mayo, roll in cheese crackers and bake!
- Crumble them up and use them in the stuffing for stuffed mushrooms. Once again, substituting bread crumbs for cheese crackers provides a unique flavor that adds the “wow factor” to just about any dish.
- Top them with tomatoes, basil, onions and garlic to make bruschetta. Plain, simple and delicious, while being just unique enough that you don’t lose the bruschetta interpretation.
- Place chunks of complimentary cheese flavor pairings on top of your Cheese Crackers. Cheese and crackers? Nice. Cheese on cheese crackers? Brilliant!
- Place asparagus on them and wrap them with prosciutto. This is absolutely delicious. If you don’t like asparagus, you can try a fig instead, but trust us, you won’t want to miss out on the big flavor combinations that cheese crackers, asparagus and prosciutto create.
- Top them with fish or sardines and bacon to make a cheesy take on modern surf and turf. Whether you like salmon, tune or whatever, throw some combination of fish and meat onto Cheese crackers and you’ll have a delicious finger food.
- Use them to scoop out your favorite dips such as crab and french onion. Simple and self-explanatory.
- Make mini pizzas with your Cheese Crackers by adding a little tomato sauce, basil, mozzarella and your favorite pizza toppings. Toss it in your mouth instead of in the air!
- Eat them up! It doesn’t matter how you eat them, they’re delicious any way you choose!