Does it take you a long time to build your resume? If that’s true, then you need help. What you really need is some ultimate resume building software that automates everything for you.
What’s Taking You So Long?
There are many reasons why you may have trouble building a resume. In many cases it’s because you have a hard time trying to get the right format so that it looks just right. You may not know how to use the templates in your word processor, or you find those templates boring.
Another reason is that you’re not exactly sure what info you need to put in the resume. If you have a long job employment history, you may not know exactly how you should present your previous employment.
There’s also the matter of the cover letter. How do you write one? Should you even include it? Finding the answers to these questions can take a very long while.
How Does It Work?
So how do you get to build a resume in 5 minutes? It’s actually easy. It’s just a matter of several steps.
- Find the right online resume builder. This should be easy to use so you don’t waste time. It should be free too.
- Pick the right template. Usually you choose between classic templates and the more modern ones. You should pick one that matches the personality of the company you wish to join, and that also suits your own personality as well.
That means if you’re applying to a more “conservative” company such as a bank, law firm, or hospital, you should pick among the more traditional formats. If you’re hoping to join a new hip artsy startup, a more modern template may be better.
Of course, if you’re applying to different banks, then you can choose a separate template for each one. That’s so they don’t think you’re sending the same resume en masse.
- Put in your info. These will include your name, contact info, prior jobs, and educational history.
- Write a cover letter. Some employers like cover letters because they get a better sense of who you are from it. The software should enable you to write this quickly.
- Save the document. Nowadays it should be saved in PDF format, so you can send it online. But you should also have it stored online so you can change things and make updates whenever you want.
It should also be password-protected, so that only you can make the changes on your resume.
That’s it. It really is that easy. All you need is the right template and the proper guidance on what info to put in, and it saves you a lot of time and effort. You end up with the right format for your resume, and you have it in PDF form as well.
That’s why you need the ultimate resume building software. It helps direct your energies towards putting in the right info. You’re not bothered by trivialities such as making columns in MS Word. Now you can concentrate more on your job hunt instead.